28th June 2018 | Sofitel Singapore City Centre
First Creative Spark by HBA
Designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA), the 120 beachside villas and overwater bungalows at Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi all feature serene, white-washed décor, traditional pale wood, and island-style thatched and macramé accents—letting the unbelievably blue turquoise waters take center stage. Most of the palatial villas (ranging from 2,500 to nearly 6,000 square feet) also feature indoor-outdoor bathrooms, many of which have been upgraded with statement-making deep copper tubs perfect for soaking off the day’s salt and sand. Outside, guests are welcome to dive into the glistening Indian Ocean off of their private decks, or they can soak up the sun on loungers and day beds before cooling off with a dip in their sleek plunge pool.
SANYA BOUTIQUE HOTEL
Second Creative Spark by Formwerkz Architects
The Sanya Boutique Hotel shapes part of a prestigious hotel resort development along Haitangwan Bay. The scheme is laid out as a loop connecting zones through a sequence of squares, courtyards and gardens: the Seaview Villas, 2 Hotel Towers and Amenities.
The hotel itself is the first of a new luxury brand commissioned by one of China’s largest developers. It’s mission statement is to create new exciting experiences that reveal our obsessions. This is represented by the Botanist – creating a curated garden experience which meets a laboratory of herbs.
Key elements of the Hotel are as follows:
– The Arrival experience: this is celebrated as Gateway to another World. A concealed entrance arouses expectation and prepares for a grand reveal.
– The Reception Lobby & Concierge Lounge: The Kinetic Flower Garden is a creation of the Botanist’s Crazy Lab. Tracking the motion of the sun, the flowers movement and change in overall lighting create an ever-changing environment.
– Lobby Bar: The Botanist’s Crazy Lab showcasing infused health tonics and crafted cocktails.
– The Herb Garden: Set in a light and airy dome, the All Day Dining Experience offers a signature theme dishes
– The Olfactory: Specialty spa treatments inspired by the mineral & botanical lab
– The Bamboo Maze ballroom & the Enchanted forest Pre-Function create a magical setting for events and functions.